Ad Club Election Info!
Hi Ad Club!
We hope everyone is having a good week! First off- for anyone who is planning on attending the tour at Spyder Trap this Friday, please RSVP by the end of day on Wednesday. We think they are providing snacks, and would like to know an estimated number. The tour is this Friday the 13th at 2:00PM.
On Wednesday, April 25th we will be voting for next year's executive board and chair positions. Everyone should plan on attending as we would like to take a group picture (for SJMC Spring Showcase) and there will be food! Here is a list of positions, descriptions and instructions on how to run, read thoroughly:
- Organize overall schedule and direction of Ad Club throughout the entire year
- Lead all weekly meetings and agency tours
- Manage the entire Executive Board team and leads
2. Vice President
- Assist the President with any responsibilities/tasks listed above
- Responsible for registering Ad Club with SUA at beginning of the year
- Responsible for maintaining the primary Ad Club email account ( email@example.com)
- Send out weekly emails (including recaps, reminders, agency tour sign-ups, etc.)
- Take notes during weekly meetings and tours
- Respond to all interested member requests
- Responsible for all financial activity of the Ad Club account
- Collect and track membership dues at the beginning of fall and spring semester
- Register members with Ad Fed
- Apply for grants
- In charge of ordering food (for weekly meetings or events) and supplies (such as thank-you cards, postage stamps, t-shirts, etc.)
5. Event Planning Chair *New!
- Lead of event planning needs assigned by Executive Board
- Events include (but not limited to): winter break Chicago trip, end of year celebration, fundraising events, social events (happy hour, non-Ad Fed networking events, etc).
6. Social Media Chair
- Lead and maintain all social media activity and outlets including Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Blog and Ad Club website
- Assign weekly blog content and contributors
- Responsible for taking pictures during all meetings, tours and events
- Create/suggest new social media platforms for Ad Club to partake in (Ex. Pinterest?)
- Compile weekly analytics and send to Executive Board each week
7. Ad Club Agency Chair *New!
- Serve as the Director of Verge Agency
- Responsible for organizing elections for agency leads start of fall semester
- Meet with agency leads on a weekly basis
- Manage new business and communicate agency news to the Executive Board and conduct bi-weekly Verge updates at Ad Club meetings.
- Work with agency leads to successfully brand and promote Verge
- Must be a registered student both fall AND spring semester of next year
- Must be a current PAID Ad Club Member
- Must be in Minneapolis all year (cannot study abroad and hold a position)
- Must be able to attend weekly Wednesday meetings and the majority of Friday tours
- Must attend some of the Ad Fed events throughout the year
**INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RUN**
- Download "application" from the email sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org, fill it out, and email that AND a photo back to email@example.com BY WEDNESDAY APRIL 18th. *If you did not get this document please request it via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MUST be in attendance during election date (4/25) and present answers from application (will be shown in powerpoint). Exception: those who are studying abroad. (IF you are studying abroad currently, be sure to let us know!)
- Can only run for one position. (However, those running for President can also run for VP, if not elected).
Agency Leadership Roles To Keep on Your Radar…
Note: These positions cannot be held by Executive Board members or Chairs. There will be elections for these positions next Fall.
8. Creative Team Lead
9. Account Team Lead
10. Digital/Social Media Team Lead
On a side note, for those of you who are graduating early next year, or studying abroad, there are still ways you will be able to get involved next year; whether it be helping with events, blogging or tweeting, so don't be too bummed!
Thank you and let us know if you have any questions!
University of Minnesota Ad Club
Murphy Hall 100